Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Little Things

Sleeping in until 9 (that's late for me!) after a glorious night's sleep.

Putting on a sweatshirt still warm from the dryer.

Discovering half-price chicken breasts on sale at the grocery store.

Getting a positive e-mail from my adviser: "You've done some GREAT work here, Kaylee."

Allowing myself to eat full-fat yogurt because it tastes better and is good for me.

Finally accepting that my weight will fluctuate day-to-day, and being relatively okay with it.

Coming home from a night out to find my roommate curled up on our couch, and spending the next two hours hanging out and laughing our heads off. Quoting Pristiq commercials.

Having new episodes of Suits AND The Bachelor to watch. (Sean! Tierra is totally playing you! Open your eyes!) Has anyone watched that new show The Americans? I haven't yet, but I'm intrigued.

Being excited to work on my anthropology paper because the material is fascinating and I'm a nerd.

Looking in the mirror and not feeling like a whale. A petite hog, perhaps, but definitely not a whale.

Happily scarfing down a peanut butter sandwich, wondering how the hell I used to only eat that crappy low-calorie cardboard bread.

Drinking coffee. Preferable Starbucks or Panera. No Kaldi's please!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this list. And I know you titled this "Little Things," but these seem like major things! I am so thrilled for you about the school accomplishments, and even more so about your attitude toward weight, body-image, and food! Damn, girl, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete