Saturday, July 6, 2013

Post Craziness Check-In

I know that I haven't updated in forever but I am way too flustered and spent to write a complete one tonight. Things have been crazy, overwhelming, stressful, fun, and emotional. I've been playing houseguest for two full weeks (first my former roommate, then my mom) and while I love love love them both to death, I am SO OVER IT. The zero privacy, zero alone time, eating in restaurants all the time, huge family gatherings, etc. My mom's side of the family all met out here for a joint reunion/July 4th celebration/60th birthday party for my uncle the other night, so we've also been having tons of extended family time—which is all great, I love my aunts and uncles and cousins, but gosh I am so ready to get some privacy again. My apartment has been serving as a sort of home base/meeting place for everyone, so I've basically been passing my keys around and letting people come and go as they need. THE CONTROL FREAK IN ME IS LOSING IT.

On the plus side, I've gotten spoiled rotten by Mama Bear this past week and eaten lots of interesting, exotic foods. My body image is ehhh not so great but I'm dealing. Eating out all the time, off my schedule, and different foods has me feeling pretty fat and icky. Haven't weighed myself since before everyone got here, and I'm not really in any hurry to get back on the scale. I was having a really hard time last week dealing with my friend visiting, but things have gotten a little better since then. It definitely helped to have my mom here. More on this later, but I brought her to my therapy appointment—one of the best ideas I've had in a long time! She absolutely adored Dr. P, and it felt really good to open up to both of them, and get everybody on the same page.

For the most part, things are going pretty okay now. I've got lots of doctors' appointments coming up in the next two weeks and I am REALLY looking forward to getting some stuff figured out. Everyone cross your fingers and say a little prayer that I don't have anything incurable or degenerative or anything like that. Happy belated Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment