Things are going really, really well right now. I am superstitious enough to worry about saying that and jinxing it, but I figure it's better to just enjoy the moment and acknowledge that hey, I'm happy. I have a lot going for me right now and it's okay to recognize that and feel good about it and not start worrying about what could go wrong tomorrow or next week or next year.
A rundown of the goodness:
- I just got back from one of the most amazing vacations of my life. I got to see a part of the country that I've always wanted to visit and it was even more breathtakingly beautiful than I had imagined. I wish I were brave enough to share pictures from my trip in here, but I'm super duper nervous about privacy so you will just have to let your imaginations do the work., I got to spend the week with my mom and dad, who are wonderful and loving and spoil me rotten.
- My summer plans are maybe sort of almost falling into place. It took a ton of e-mails ("Hey! Remember me? Hire me! Please?") but I think I may have lined up some stuff that should be really interesting and fun, and will hopefully make for a much better experience than my godawful internship last summer.
- I'm still having a lot of unresolved health issues, between my heart and my eyes and some other stuff, but I also have access to some of the best doctors in the country - plus the insurance to cover it. So I am relatively really really lucky. Next week, I finally have my appointment with a specialist (and only had to wait six weeks for the opening...), so that should clear up some uncertainties and hopefully put my mind at ease.
- Tonight, I am going to a sorority formal (I'm not actually in the sorority, but some of my best friends are and we're going as a group). Not going to lie, I've been ruminating a little all week about the food/drinks/change of routine issues, but at the moment I'm actually pretty excited. Getting out is always good for me, and I've been more of a hermit in the past year than ever before, so taking risks and putting myself out there again is a really positive step.
- My roommate and I got our housing arrangements settled for next year and we are super happy with the result. Our apartment is going to be a little smaller than this year, but it's on the building's top floor - which means no more running and pounding from above at all hours. Good trade-off, I say.
- Also, my roommate is the best. Seriously, best roommate - and best friend - that I could have ever asked for. She is the only person that I talk about ED stuff with, and she's always completely understanding and supportive and helpful. One of the best tools I've found in recovery is the fact that we make and eat dinner together every single night, and I don't really know where I would be without that constant.
- The weather fucking rocks. Is it summer already? I can't even describe how happy it makes me to be able to walk around in a t-shirt and feel the hot sun on my skin instead of a bulky winter coat while still getting chilled to the bone. Suck it, winter.