Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Med Thoughts

I'm in a very post-y mood this week. YOU'RE WELCOME. Maybe it's because I don't have too much work, or maybe because the weight/exercise stuff has been on my mind a lot and I don't really have another outlet for that (other than my T), or maybe I'm just feeling wordy! I saw Dr. P this morning and we talked about the Celexa situation; she basically gave me two scenarios:

1) Taper off. If I feel like I need some sort of confirmation that the med is necessary, I could taper off and see what happens. If I'm fine, I'm fine! If I have a nervous breakdown, then I'll know I still need the drug after all.

2) Stay on my current dose. Maybe I still need the med, maybe I don't. But things seem to be going well for now, so why mess with a good thing?

It's weird because I used to be SO OPPOSED to taking any medication, and then my anxiety spiraled out of control and I very quickly lost all sanity and dignity. After years of flat-out refusing to take anything, I was practically begging my psych to prescribe something. So she did, and I took it, and the anxiety very quickly quieted. Depression, not so much. But like I said before, I am a miserable but perfectly functional Depressed Person. I am not a functional Anxious Person.

So, I am inclined to leave things as they are for now. Things are going relatively well, and anxiety scares the crap out of me. A lot has changed in terms of my life circumstances since that last terrible breakdown in May 2012 when I was first prescribed Celexa, but things aren't perfect and I don't yet trust my brain to stay this okay without a safety net.

Update on the non-weighing thing: still going strong. Still not super interested in knowing the number. Still eating better, exercising less, and overall feeling pretty solid.

EDIT: This is kind of awkward and not related, but someone found my blog by searching "disproportionately big feet." HA! I hope you found what you were looking for, Big-Footed Stranger!

1 comment:

  1. This seems like a very wise decision--and one that you came to after a lot of thought and care. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete