Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Feet, Pus, Words

My life currently sucks A LOT, but I don't really feel like dwelling on that. Nor you do want to read about it, I promise. The suckfest can be summarized as a) I suck, b) eating disorders suck, and c) I STILL SUCK.

For real, I'm not gonna bore you with it. Instead I'm going to practice some good healthy avoidance and give a few tidbits unrelated to ED or any equally sucky topics:

- I have really disproportionately big feet compared to the rest of me. Several years ago when I was going through my rapid and traumatic pubertal phase, my pediatrician predicted that I would eventually grow into my feet, because it seemed like they sprouted much quicker than the rest of me. Unfortunately the rest of me never caught up. I'm not like freakishly short or anything, but compared to my height, my feet are BIG. I wear almost the same size as my mom, who is a good 2-3 inches taller than me, and she wears almost the same size as her two sisters, who are both 4-5 inches taller than her. My aunts, therefore, have reasonably and proportionately sized feet for their heights and I am BIGFOOT. This doesn't normally bother me, but I just bought new shoes and was yet again reminded of my gigantic shoe size. On the plus side, I love my new shoes. Too bad they make my feet look approximately 27 inches long with jeans.

- I got my cartilage pierced about six months ago and it still gets this little pussy swollen bubble thing on the back. Is this normal? I made my doctor look at it once and she said it wasn't infected or anything, just irritated, but seriously, when is this damn thing going to heal? I'd like to be able to sleep on my left side again sometime, I don't know, THIS YEAR. I'm debating just taking the earring out and letting the hole close up, my I'm afraid of deforming my ear somehow.

- I'm obsessed with Words With Friends. So obsessed, in fact, that I have multiple games going and I get stressed out when my phone keeps buzzing at me to remind me it's my turn. I KNOW, I'LL GET TO IT, JUST GIVE ME A SECOND. I hate feeling rushed because I always want to play the best word possible and it takes me ages to hit "play" because I always second-guess myself and think there must be a better word I'm not seeing yet. Have I mentioned that I'm super competitive? Losing makes me hate myself.

Okay, officially most random post ever. Maybe I'll be in a less grouchy, angry, spastic mood later and give y'all (what? I'm not Southern) a better update of my life.

5 comments:

  1. You are not alone in your big-footedness! I suppose I sort of grew into mine (I wear a size 10 shoe and am 5'7"), but there was a point at which I wore a 9.5 and was less than 5' tall. Awkward....my feet came into the room way before i did. Yes, that means my feet were so big, proportionally, at one point that they've only grown a half size since I was in the third grade. Bodies are funny, frustrating things. ;)

    Hope that the rest of your week goes okay, thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also reached my adult shoe size in third grade! And my full adult height by about fifth or sixth (early bloomer, don't wanna talk about it...) For a year or two, I was the tallest girl in my class and super self-conscious about it. Funny because now I'd love to be a couple inches taller!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your body might be rejecting the cartilage piercing? I had one in a different spot on my ear and my body literally pushed it out of my ear. But it was the same problem, constant pain that never seemed to heal. Maybe let it close up and try the other ear? Also, piercings are generally a case of "you get what you pay for," in my experience, so maybe try a high-end place to ensure a quality technician, it's definitely worth the extra money.

    I'm so afraid to start playing words with friends because I'm definitely afraid that I'll get obsessed. But it sounds like it's at least somewhat fun for you?

    I hope things start looking up for you, and for the record, I don't think you suck. I do think eating disorders suck, but that doesn't mean that those who are afflicted by them also suck. I have found you to be sweet and supportive and insightful. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't know ears could do that, maybe mine is just being temperamental like yours? It's weird because my friend got hers pierced in the exact same place at the same time I did, and hers has been completely healed for months. I think you're right about the cost though, I was appalled at how much they wanted just to stick a teeny needle through some skin!

      Words is super fun but I'm warning you - SO addicting. Sometimes I start seeing the little yellow letter tiles in my head after I close my eyes at night.

      Delete
  3. My best friend's mom wears a size 13 shoe. No joke. They actually don't even sell that size most places which means ordering online and being forced into some not so cute shoes. So take a breath and focus on the adorable shoes. :-)

    As for the cartilage piercing - I got mine pierced almost 10 yrs ago when I was 18. It had the bubble for years. Literally years. But was not infected. I haven't worn an earring in it for about 6 years now and the pesky bubble is still kind of there! I dot get it either!

    Sorry that other things are sucky. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete