Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunny Sunday

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Mine was all right—my college roommate was here, which I had expected to be tough but it actually went okay. A little stressful/irritating/triggering, but okay. Ack, the situation is so emotionally and psychologically complicated I can't even get into it.

That being said, I didn't even see that much of her because she was busy with a sports alumni thingy (which was the reason she came back into town) and I was busy with meetings and work. Last night I did happy hour and dinner with school friends, and then came home and tried to finish some work before literally passing out. I hadn't slept well the night before and totally crashed by eleven.

Today I had a lovely run in the morning, grocery shopped, paid some bills, spent a few hours doing work in a coffee shop, and then decided that it was too pretty outside to go home, so I spent about an hour walking in Big College City Public Park. Walking is usually pretty hard for me because of the nerve pain, but I felt okay today and was mostly able to enjoy the weather instead of obsessing about how much I was hurting. Little things, you know? Just being able to go for a walk and not want to cry out of frustration.

Anyways, it's days like these when I sort of almost believe that maybe I won't be in pain forever. It's hard to see on a daily basis when I'm generally pretty uncomfortable, but every now and then I take a second and realize how much things have improved over the past year. I'm still glad to be seeing Dr. A again next month because I am definitely far from perfect, but the positive trend seems like a good omen.

Have a great week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment