Since you last heard from me, I:
- have been on five different planes
- did a PhD interview while sitting on beanbag chairs (yes both me and the professor)
- got waitlisted then maybe (?) accepted by the program I visited last weekend (long story)
- got two flights cancelled (short story: snowstorm)
- slept on a stranger's couch one night, and then on an airport bench the next night (and I'm using the term "slept" loosely)
- spent 20 hours in one terminal of one airport in Strange City I've Never Visited Before and In Which I Do Not Know a Soul
- hung out with some musicians from Cleveland (another long story)
- got invited to give a guest lecture next week (thanks for the advance warning!)
- ate approximately 26,000 packaged turkey sandwiches and Clif bars
- spent approximately $58,495 on airport food
- got approximately 45 minutes of actual shut-eye (can ya tell?)
Details to come, if I am feeling more functional later. Long story short, my trip back from Potential PhD University took almost 30 hours door-to-door thanks to snow. And I wasn't even in Boston!
Off to take a nap.