Saturday, June 21, 2014

Procrastination Post: Interviewing, Coughing, and Weighing

I need to go to the grocery store, but am really not feeling it at the moment...so instead you get a procrastinatory blog post. YOU ARE WELCOME. What ever happened to the concept of a lazy summer? I am SO BUSY it's unreasonable. Although, I suppose I say that pretty much every time of year these days. Starting next week, I'm going to be working on a qualitative study with a professor, interviewing families in four low-income zip codes in College City. I try to not be super specific about my research on here just for privacy's sake, but the study is very exciting so if anyone wants to know more, just send me an e-mail and I will happily give you the nerd-spiel! Anyway, we weren't totally sure what the response would be like, but it has so far turned out to be HUGE; as a result, I am doing interviews every night next week. It may get to be a drag after a few, but for now I'm excited. Plus, I get paid hourly so this means a big bump in my paycheck.

And as if I didn't have enough going on, I now also have a terrible cold—sore throat, hacking chest cough, stuffy nose. Maybe a fever, but I do not own a thermometer so we're just going to stick with the ignorance is bliss thing. Who gets sick in June?? It is literally 95 degrees outside. Besides, I never get sick. I may get every other medical complication in the book (and a few not in the book...), but I almost never get the colds or flus or anything. The last time I had the flu was in third grade, and the last time I had a chest cold was maybe 5 years ago. I remember boasting to one of my roommates freshman year: "I never get sick. I am immune to sickness." (Then I got anorexia, but shut up, you're missing the point.)

Other stuff—pain is still slooooowly improving, I think. Knock on wood, say a prayer, cross your fingers and toes and any other crossables. So of course now, needing something else to freak out about, I'm freaked out about my weight. I stopped weighing myself regularly a couple months ago because it was too upsetting....and then made the mistake of weighing myself yesterday. And I had gained another couple pounds. WHAT THE F. I know that I am supposed to be over this, that the anorexia is supposed to be behind me, that a couple pounds here and there is nothing to be alarmed about, but it freaks me out and pisses me off because it doesn't make any sense. Trying really hard to shrug it off and keep it together, but Body, you are making it really hard on me these days.

Good news is that I got my period a little more on time this month—only a couple days late as opposed to the couple weeks late it's been the last 2-3 months. So at least that's sign of progress.

Okay. Now I am hungry and have no food in the house. Happy Saturday to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaylee,

    I wanted stop by and say hello and thank you for your comment on my blog
    I do read your blog, every post
    But I haven't been great at commenting lately
    I have been so consumed with trying to beat this thing we call anorexia
    I think you are doing amazing
    And you do it all with a sense of humour
    I think that is so important
    Only for my own I think I would have gone crazy a long time ago

    I hope you feel better soon
    Lots of hot tea and with honey and lemon

    Take care and I will comment again soon

    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete