Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Doubts

Today in therapy, I was trying to articulate why I have so much trouble following the meal plan. I wanted to be able to say: "I don't know if I can make dinner that big because I'd hate myself afterwards" or "It's too hard to eat when I'm not hungry so the extra snack might not happen."

I wanted to be honest about what's hard for me and what I see myself realistically accomplishing on a daily basis. At the same time, though, I was afraid that my honesty would make R think I had no motivation to eat better and gain weight, and that we were all just wasting our time.

Then he said:

"Kaylee, I have no doubts about your willingness to put effort into this."

So now my own doubts are lessened considerably.

1 comment:

  1. Really glad he was able to reassure you. Also, being honest in therapy is *never* a waste of time. It definitely takes some time to connect with a therapist and feel comfortable spilling everything to them, but hang in there and remember that if people blasted through challenges and went straight from point A to point B in recovery, he would be out of a lot of work, and also that he wouldn't be in this line in the first place if he was judgmental about people that find themselves in difficult situations.

    Meal plan adjustments are really stressful, but hang in there and give yourself time to make the changes into a new norm. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete