I've got over a hundred pages to read in an obscure novel so obviously, it's time to blog.
Some things I've noticed:
- It's much too early to be needing sweatshirts and jackets. What gives, Mother Nature? Isn't it technically still summer?
- College City public transportation sucks. Today I waited 45 minutes for Bus A, which was scheduled to come every 20. When it finally arrived, I asked the driver to confirm that it was stopping on the road I needed. She said no, that I had to wait for the next bus, which would be coming "three or four minutes" later. Twenty minutes after that, I hopped on Bus B and rode it to the end of the line, at which point the driver asked where I was trying to go. When I said "L____ Street," he told me that Bus B doesn't go there, and I should have gotten on Bus A. So I rode Bus B all the way back to where I started and had to wait 15 more minutes for Bus A to come back. When I got on, the driver asked, "What are you still doing here?"
- Walking counts as exercise. REALLY. So does stressing and hyperventilating and tapping your foot off in the back of a bus.
- My best friend/roommate eats like a champ and I kind of want to be her someday. She just took a break from studying to bake cookies and then she.....................ate one.
- Drunk boys are a different breed. Last night I was awoken abruptly around 2am to the sound of hooting and hollering and exploding firecrackers in the alley behind my apartment.
- Even though I'm a total introvert, I got nuts without some human contact. This afternoon (after the Bus Fiasco of 2011), a five minute conversation with a friend from freshman year radically changed my entire mood.
- I'm not in college to lose weight. I'm in college for a million other better reasons.
- A hungry brain doesn't work very well.