Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Updates and Tidbits

Getting back into the swing of things since wrapping up my PhD visits. I have one more phone interview with a professor next week and then possibly a campus visit to that school if I get in, but it'll be lower-pressure/less formal. I'm still feeling pretty wiped out, which is inconvenient more than anything else, as I have SO much to catch up on. I am juggling about five different projects for my advisor right now (seriously, we don't hear anything about our journal submissions for six months and then ALL OF A SUDDEN everyone sends out revisions at the same time, with a three-week turnaround). Plus, we are giving a talk in an undergrad class this afternoon on a project I presented at a conference last fall. Oh and I  have an exam tonight. Next week is our spring break, which doesn't mean a whole lot for my schedule (most of my time is spent in work/research rather than class) but is still a nice change of pace.

Other tidbits:

- I saw Fifty Shades of Grey a couple weeks ago. It was extremely poor. And boring. Yet somehow also disturbing. And offensive. It's complicated.

- I'll be following up with the N in a couple hours. There haven't been any major changes in my hunger levels, energy, weight etc. but I do think it has helped my mindset to focus more on expanding variety rather than my typical calorie-related tunnel-vision. Turns out I really love hamburgers. And Raisin Bran. And cashews. And that pairing an apple with a cheese stick makes it actually worth it, because it doesn't leave my stomach twisting and churning with hunger after ten minutes.

- Can you guys believe it's March? I can't. 

- My typical sleep schedule is about midnight to 6:30-6:45 a.m., but lately I've been doing more like 10:30 p.m. to 7:30 or 8 a.m. On Saturday morning I slept until 9, which is unheard of for me. But apparently I'm tired, and I'm not gonna fight it.

- Carly Ray Jepson has a new song. It's no Call Me Maybe, but I can get on board.


- College City is going to be 50 degrees and rainy today, and 20 degrees and snowy tomorrow. Why?

- I had my nails painted Toasted Almond for about a month, and then abruptly peeled it all off in a moment of pre-interview anxiety. So my nails have been naked ever since and I can't decide what color I want them to be next. #problemz

- I am graduating in two months. I AM SO READY.

No comments:

Post a Comment