Thursday, September 25, 2014

Feeling Grateful

Can't say much right now, too busy and overwhelmed and tired. Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU for the kind and beautiful comments on my last post, when I was in a not-so-good place. The scale is not in the garbage, but is at least now tucked away in the back of my closet as opposed to sitting out in the bathroom. I am not really feeling any better about my weight, but I am at least not obsessing about it to the point of not functioning, which was the case this weekend. The freak-out may have been partly PMS, because I finally got my period today (late). So, I am okay.

You all are wonderful. Truly. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I hate to see you struggling so much, and I know it sounds annoying when people tell you it will get easier (it does for me sometimes) but it really really will! The scale and all of it's mess was the thing that took me the longest to get over. And if I'm being honest, I'm not all the way over it but I have more days that I love my body then don't - so I think that's pretty okay. I wish I could just give you an easy way but it's just something you need to fight to not stand on. It's hard to throw the scale away and if you aren't to that point yet maybe make a goal to only get on it once or twice a week and go from there. Be patient with yourself and keep reminding yourself that the number on the scale does not determine your worth or who you are because you are SO much more than that number! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you put the scale away! That's a huge first step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I completely relate to the frustration of the consistent weight gain. Mine baffles me as well... I don't weigh myself any more (too depressing!) but I know I'm not losing and who knows, I might have gained. I'm glad I'm not chained to the scale, but at the same time I want to acknowledge just how hard it is to feel like your body is betraying you & out of control.

    ReplyDelete