Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Odd Assortment

Things seem a little off balance this week. I don't know how to describe it, there's no real pattern, I'm just not feeling quite normal.

Exhibit A: My sleep sucks. I've been going to bed at the usual time, between 12 and 1ish, but then waking up around 5 for no reason, and then I can't go back to sleep. It's a really weird pattern for me, since my past episodes of insomnia have usually been characterized by trouble falling asleep, not staying asleep.

Exhibit B: My weight has gone up an absurd amount over the past couple of weeks. Okay, not an absurd amount (e.g. less than five pounds), but enough to freak me out and frustrate me beyond belief. Maybe this should be a positive, since I'm supposed to be gaining weight anyway, but I haven't changed anything (diet, activity, etc.) that should account for the gain. Plus, it doesn't seem to be a random fluctuation; it started creeping up several weeks ago and just settled there. Not the end of the world, I know, but I hate that it happened without my permission.

Exhibit C: I'm so freaking thirsty all the time. Like, I'll chug three glasses of water back-to-back and my mouth still feels like it's coated in cotton. I normally get really thirsty and drink a lot, but it's gotten so much worse lately. Dry mouth is one of the side effects listed for my medication so it could be that, but either way it's really annoying. Plus, sorry for the details, but I have to pee constantly. I wish some of that water going in would help hydrate my mouth and my eyes rather than just running right through me. (Again, I'M SORRY FOR BEING GROSS.)

Exhibit D: Seriously, why am I so bloated? I feel like my stomach sticks out six inches past the rest of me. (Including boobage. And yeah, my boobs are e-fucking-normous. (That was sarcasm. Even at my highest weight, I barely fill out A cups. (How many parentheses can you fit in one paragraph?))) Anyway, it really sucks. I guess this could be related to the weight gain in Exhibit B, but isn't bloating temporary? This has lasted for weeks.

So, there's nothing majorly wrong with me, I just feel kind of weird. Another factor: I should have gotten my period this week, but I didn't. I had major cramping right on schedule (exactly 28 days from my last period), but no bleeding. I was positive it was coming, and I am really disappointed that it didn't. Maybe it's just late? But the cramping has mostly subsided, so I'm guessing that's that. But I suppose my hormones could just be doing funky things and messing with the rest of my body, too.

1 comment:

  1. It sucks when your body starts to act weird/different, and I know it's hard to deal with. I'm not a doctor, but with the thirst plus bloating it really does sound like a hormone thing, especially since it was the time you should have been getting your period. Since you haven't had it back that long, I bet your cycles are going to be a little weird for a while. Really hate it's a rough time for you, it's never pleasant to not feel comfortable in your body.

    I hope that sleep gets easier for you, too. Hang in there, and remember that the fastest way to get your body balanced out is to keep on taking care of it, the only way out is through...easier said than done, but worth it in the end. Hoping your weekend goes better!

    ReplyDelete