I promise I'm not such a downer in real life! If for no reason other than to keep my last post from showing up front and center, here are some happy things in my life:
- I love my classes and I love my job. And I love getting paychecks! (Boo unpaid summer internships.)
- My two best friends and I had a delicious dinner out earlier tonight. I didn't restrict or overexercise beforehand, and I was okay with it. I even got hungry later and ate an extra snack.
- The school/work/social balance is starting to come together. Fewer teary meltdowns.
- I had a really good session with R this past week. Good in that it was challenging and a little uncomfortable, but ultimately helpful, I think.
- I have an awesome Mama Bear who calls just to talk and has lots of good advice, even when she drives me nuts. ("Yes, Mom, I'm doing what Dr. R says. No, I'm not drinking too much. Yes, I get enough sleep.")
- Speaking of sleep: the horrible insomnia I had for most of last fall semester has not returned. Hallelujah. In fact, I've been sleeping really well, assuming I get myself to bed at a reasonable time instead of messing around on the internet or catching up on TV shows.
- I got an A+ (do they even still give those out??) on a paper that I worked really hard on and was really proud of.
- There might be A Guy.