Now it back to semi-real life; I have lots of projects from my advisor piling up that I need to get to in the next couple days, and I'm working at my other job today and tomorrow. I have a walk/coffee date scheduled after work with a good friend from grad school, and one of my best friends from college is coming into town tomorrow night so I'm trying to coordinate plans with her.
It still seems a tad surreal that I graduated, and the masters program is actually OVER. I am both totally psyched and a little bummed. Just post-festivities blues, I think.
Random musings and updates:
- New Clif bar flavor = Berry Pomegranate Chia. I've eaten two and am still unsure how I feel about them. A tad too sweet, maybe? Or maybe I'm just skeeved out by chia.*
- On my walk to campus this morning, I found a $20 bill lying in the middle of the sidewalk. I stared at it for about ten minutes in disbelief (who loses $20 and doesn't notice???) then gave it to the homeless guy on the corner. He didn't believe that I found it on the street but I swear I did!
- I just introduced my bestie to Whitney Houston circa 1985 ("HOW WILL I KNOW IF HEEEE REALLY LOVES MEEEE?"). I considered it her birthday present. Whit was a class act.
- Is it lame that I don't want to do anything this weekend but hang out by myself, read my book in the sun, watch TV, and sleep?
- T minus ONE MONTH until my mom and I head out on our western adventure.
*WTF IS CHIA?