Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Updates and a Bad Back

Sorry I've sort of dropped the ball on posting lately. Things are hectic. My anxiety has been pretty high but I am mostly coping okay.

I had a really awesome weekend. It was unexpected, because on the subway ride home Friday evening I realized I had NO plans for the entire weekend except work work and more work. Sometimes I like to keep my weekends totally open so I have time to get everything done without distractions, but that night I was just feeling SO lonely, I wanted to cry. Instead, I texted some friends and basically begged for some company. As a result, I ended up doing a bunch of fun things with a bunch of different people over the next couple days. I went out with a group on Saturday night, and then went pumpkin/apple picking on Sunday morning, and lunch at a new diner near my apartment with two of my best grad school friends.

Sometimes putting myself out there doesn't come naturally, and I have to remember to push myself and be brave. In the end I always have a good time, and am always happy when I go out instead of stay home. This week in particularly, I just felt SO refreshed and centered after spending time with friends and having fun, as opposed to being stressed and off-balance.

Then it was back to school and work the past two days. I handed in a big project yesterday, and had a presentation in one of my classes on Monday that went well, so I'm super jazzed about that. One major complaint about my current schedule is that I've been spending an unbelievable amount of time sitting in front of a computer, so I always feel this weird mix of antsy and sluggish. Plus, my lower back is totally killing me from all the chair time. I've never had back problems until the past few months, and I'm not sure what to blame it on....the sitting? The walking around in flimsy shoes? Lack of exercise causing weakness and stiffness? Old age?

Hoping to provide a more robust update sometime soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment