Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a big Merry Christmas! Hope you all are having a happy and beautiful holiday.

source

I am absolutely loving the time at home with my family: eating my mom's delicious food, playing Scrabble with my dad, and hanging out with my big brother—who is, as far as I'm concerned, the hands-down coolest person on the planet.

Our sink is full of dirty dishes and our living room is a disaster zone of wrapping paper and boxes, but none of us really mind. My dad and I went for a long walk with his camera a couple of hours ago, taking pictures of the sunset and newly fallen snow.

Presents aren't a hugely important part of the holiday anymore now that my brother and I are older, although I did get a beautiful pair of boots and, best of all, a $100 Amazon gift card which will be spent on books and more books. Since getting home last Friday, I've been averaging about a book a day:

The Racketeer by John Grisham
The Good Soldiers by David Finkel
Thank You For Your Service by David Finkel
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

source

I am in book heaven. The Goldfinch is pretty long and might keep me occupied a bit longer, but my wish list is still a mile long. Hard to express the joys of not having deadlines looming over my head.

Anyways. Merry Christmas and much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment